Your ASHRAE membership instantly connects you to over 57,000 of your peers and colleagues throughout the world. You will meet like-minded engineers who join together at the local, regional, and international levels both in-person and online.
What is ASHRAE?
The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) is a global technical society dedicated to advancing heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC&R) to serve humanity and promote a sustainable world. ASHRAE’s technical foundation is built by its 56,000 volunteer members in more than 130 countries with more than 176 chapters. The Society’s members influence the direction of HVAC&R technology by creating industry standards and by recommending procedures and guidelines, developing research and writing technical information. ASHRAE members are primarily consulting and design engineers, architects and contractors in charge of services for industrial and manufacturing firms and buildings, including commercial, institutional, government and public utilities.
Why should you be a member?
It’s really quite simple. You can benefit from all of the resources ASHRAE provides as the world’s leading organization of HVAC&R and built environment professionals. Consulting engineers, property owners and managers, designers, contractors and installers, sales people, and maintenance and repair professionals all benefit from ASHRAE by the following:
- ASHRAE Handbook — the indispensable, industry-wide resource for all HVAC&R professionals. Each volume is updated every four years. And members can subscribe to ASHRAE Handbook Online for immediate online access to the complete Handbook series.
- ASHRAE Journal — this monthly magazine resource is the most trusted publication in HVAC&R engineering.
- High Performing Buildings — the quarterly magazine for innovation and measured performance in efficient and sustainable buildings.
- HVAC&R Industry — a weekly news resource keeping ASHRAE members abreast of the latest industry news and information.
- Access to more than 300 technical publications.
- Access to education, courses and webcasts.
- Professional certification:
- Healthcare Facility Design
- High-Performance Building Design
- Operations & Performance Management
- Commissioning Process Management
- Building Energy Modeling
- Building Energy Assessment
- Networking — it’s more than just saying hello from the other side of the room. It’s an opportunity to interact with your colleagues from around your city, region, country and the world. ASHRAE has outstanding events and opportunities to learn, share and grow with other professionals in your field.
- You also benefit from the Society’s two annual events, the Annual Conference, and Winter Conference and AHR Expo, both of which feature short courses, technical sessions and discussions on leading trends and issues in the HVAC&R industry. Specialty conferences on specific topics are also held each year.